Applied Research in Coaching
and Athletics Annual
Veronica Snow, Senior Editor
Angelo State University
Peter Titlebaum, Senior Associate Editor
University of Dayton
Warren K. Simpson, Ed.D., Editor Emeritus
Angelo State University
Allyn Byars, Angelo State University
Duane Crider, Kutztown University
Gerard Lyons, Idaho State University
ON-LINE SUBMISSIONS NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH SCHOLASTICA
Click on the "Submission" link to view guidelines and submit articles for publication.
• SUBSCRIPTION RATES for VOLUME 35 (2020) •
$52.00 (includes shipping within U.S.)
$70.00 (includes shipping to Canada)
$80.00 (includes shipping to all other countries)
• ORDER AN ISSUE •• SPECIAL $800.00 PRICE for complete back-issue set (1986-2019) •
by clicking on CONTENTS
(Contact us for shipping charges)
Contact American Press for PDFs of individual articles
PDF files for individual articles available with restrictions:
For individual research, $25.00 per article
For a subscriber library, $35.00 per article
For an non-subscriber library, $50.00 per article
- PDF is only available for personal use for students and faculty with password protection.
- PDFs may not be put up on any class website.
- This is not a license to distribute electronically to other libraries within a college or university system or through an Interlibrary Loan System.
- E-mail email@example.com to order PDF articles or for license fees for any other use than stated above.
WHAT IS ARCAA?
The Applied Research in Coaching and Athletics Annual (ARCAA)
is an interdisciplinary annual, and includes twenty major content areas:
- Applied research in coaching, athletics and sport
- Youth and community sport programs
- Innovative athletic program designs
- Club sports and coaching
- Disabled/special populations sport
- Applied Sport Psychology
- Military athleltics
- Sport management/administration/leadership
- Legal issues in coaching and sport
- Coaching strength and conditioning for sport
- Outdoor adventure sports
- Summer camp mnanagement
- Sport facilities design and management
- Applied Sport Sociologyy
- International sport and coaching
- Book and DVD reviews
The goal of ARCAA is to continue to fill the void between research in the field of athletics through dissemination of information to those who can best utilize it in a practical setting, including coaches, athletic administrators and interested educators. The journal style will emphasize the use of lay terminology that can be understood by both professionals and those who are associated with the field through personal interest, thereby requiring the simplification of the interpretation and discussion sections of research reports to facilitate understanding by a broad readership.
This philosophy will facilitate the goal of ARCAA which is to communicate and stimulate thought by applying research to current trends in coaching and athletics. To accomplish this purpose, clarifications of applied research projects, theories and concepts will be disseminated to coaches and the general readership.